The Affordable Connectivity Program
Save on internet service
WHAT IS THE AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM?
This is a national FCC program designed to help households afford needed internet services for work, school, healthcare and more.
- If you are currently enrolled in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, you will continue to receive your current monthly benefit until March 1, 2022.
- The program will provide a discount of $30 per month toward broadband service for eligible households.
- Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet.
- The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines; or
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP FOR THE AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM?
For those enrolled in the EBBP, you will need to provide eligibility documentation to continue in the ACP once the EBBP transition period has ended on March 1, 2022.
For eligibility details, visit fcc.gov/acp
To apply, visit acpbenefit.org
Please contact our customer service team at 740.772.8331
If eligible, you will receive a monthly discount of up to $30. Those on tribal lands are eligible for a discount of up to $75.
No, the Affordable Connectivity Program provides a monthly discount on broadband service of up to $30 per eligible household (or up to $75 per eligible household on Tribal lands). Horizon will receive the funds directly from the Affordable Connectivity Program.
The discount will be applied to your broadband service, but the ultimate cost to you will depend on the eligible plan you select from us.
No. We are only reimbursed for the cost of the plan up to $30 per eligible household, or up to $75 per eligible household on Tribal lands.
Yes. You are responsible for any amount over $30 per month (or over $75 per month on Tribal lands) for broadband service under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
The Affordable Connectivity Program can be applied to the cost of a bundle of services that includes broadband, voice, texting and/or associated equipment. If your bundle also includes a TV service, you will be responsible for that portion of your bill, as well as any services that are above the monthly discount.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount per household, which is defined as any individual or group of individuals who are living together at the same address and share income and expenses.