Glenn Lytle met with some Data Center and WISPs (Wireless Internet Service Providers) to discuss the role they are playing in community and business development in rural and metropolitan areas. Some key take-aways include:
- How the pandemic has influenced the way businesses rethink their network design.
- Broadband access is still a huge struggle in many areas and questions to ask.
- How large companies are using data centers to reach the consumers.
- The importance of the middle-mile providers and the backbone.
- 5G as another piece to the connectivity puzzle.
- Healthcare organizations leveraging data centers in the telemedicine boom.
- Data security.
Nancy Tiemeier, Account Director for Cologix
John McKenna, VP of Strategic Initiatives for Expedient
David Brown, CEO/Board Member for Southeast Ohio Broadband Cooperative
Original webinar held on Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm EST