A local, leading fiber network delivering your secure ethernet connection.
High-performance, reliable and secure network connection
Horizon provides pure fiber-optic dedicated Ethernet service to businesses, hospitals, K-12 schools, universities, government, cellular towers and data centers. We guarantee that your operations have access to all of your available bandwidth at all times.
Businesses require high-performance, reliable and secure network connections, regardless of if they need to connect one location or multiple locations.
Industries such as healthcare, government, education, enterprises, and more demand major bandwidth for cloud computing. Add to the mix the highly mobile and collaborative teams dependent on business applications, and it becomes clear that fiber-optic networks offering Ethernet services are crucial for scalable and secure business communications.
With a business Ethernet connection, you can simplify the network infrastructure, making the network easier to plan, deploy and manage at scale.
Explore the advantages of Ethernet for your business:
- Faster connection. Ethernet is nearly always faster than a Wi-Fi connection from the same router. If you want a fast internet connection, consider connecting as many of your devices as possible to Ethernet.
- Reliable connection. Ethernet connects devices on a local area network or a wide area network. Unlike Wi-Fi, Ethernet connections are physical. You need to use an Ethernet cable to make a connection between two devices. Ethernet provides a reliable and stable connection, unlike wireless signals, which are prone to interference. Wireless connections can also be unstable depending on your distance from a router
- Secure connection. Ethernet is more secure than wireless technologies. Ethernet connections are made with cables, which means an attacker would have to have physical access to a cable to penetrate a network.
- Bandwidth efficiency. Ethernet connections can support connections of dozens of gigabits per second. Ethernet delivers high capacity over fiber with bandwidths of up to 10 Gbps on a single line.
- Cost-savings. The cost of setting up Ethernet services can be low. With traditional and legacy connections, you’ll need to buy more equipment and spend more money.
- Flexible network. If changes need to be made to the network demand, there’s no new configuration needed. Ethernet’s technology is designed to be flexible to accept changes to your business demands.
Let us manage your networking needs so you can concentrate on growing your business.
- Horizon has one of the newest, most state-of-the-art fiber networks on the market.
- We offer E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree and E-Access Ethernet solutions.
- Horizon provides a redundant core ring configuration.
- We deliver industry-leading SLAs for latency, availability and packet delivery.
- Available speeds from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps.
- Deployment protection options for partially diverse, fully diverse and redundant POPs are available.
- Failover time in Horizon core is less than 50 milliseconds.
- Our Network Operations Center (NOC) is located and staffed in Columbus, OH, providing 24/7/365 monitored support.
- Our team has decades of experience customizing and building individualized solutions that are scalable to fit not only today’s needs, but tomorrow’s as well.
Horizon 6,000+ miles of fiber-optic network connects Ohio government agencies, businesses, schools, nonprofits, financial institutions and healthcare facilities with high-quality, highly reliable internet and unified communications services.
The Southern Ohio Health Care Network (SOHCN), a collaborative of rural healthcare providers, serves more than 350 healthcare facilities operated by 18 different healthcare providers in Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky. Authorized by the FCC, SOHCN supports quality care and telehealth and leverages purchasing power resulting in advantageous pricing and strong service level agreements.
Expanding fiber broadband is crucial to ensuring the viability of SOHCN’s services and growing footprint. In 2021, SOHCN renewed its Master Service Agreement with Horizon, which originated in 2009, to continue leveraging Horizon’s industry-leading Metro Ethernet services, that deliver high levels of redundancy and diversity throughout the network.
Click here to read our case study about how SOHCN members solve their connectivity needs using Horizon’s Ethernet solution.
Ethernet Services Deployment Options
E-LINE E-Line or Point-to-Point is a connection between two physical endpoints that could include business location to business location or a business location to a data center, cloud (such as Horizon Cloud Express) or an IT partner.
E-LAN E-LAN and E-Tree options are perfect for businesses with multiple locations that need to connect to one another over a private and secure network with low latency. With E-LAN, any site can talk to any other site directly. With E-Tree, you can determine which sites will speak to one another. Our experienced team will work with you to develop a network configuration that makes the most sense.
E-Tree E-LAN and E-Tree options are perfect for businesses with multiple locations that need to connect to one another over a private and secure network with low latency. With E-LAN, any site can talk to any other site directly. With E-Tree, you can determine which sites will speak to one another. Our experienced team will work with you to develop a network configuration that makes the most sense.
E-ACCESS E-Access service provides last-mile Ethernet connectivity for carriers. An E-Access circuit is delivered from an NNI connection between the carriers to a customer location. This enables the carrier to use Horizon’s fiber-delivered Ethernet services as part of a larger network.