HORIZON TELCOM Network Management POLICY
Effective Date: May 28, 2019
Horizon Telcom, Inc. is committed to providing broadband access service based on network management policies that protect and empower our broadband access customers, and maximize the benefits of the Internet experience for all customers.
II. General Policies
Horizon Telcom, Inc. will manage its network and provide access in accordance with the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC’s) Open Internet Rules (GN Docket No. 09-191 and WC Docket No. 07-52. Adopted December 21, 2010) and in compliance with any future Internet policies or rules adopted by the FCC. Horizon may add, delete, or modify certain practices, performance characteristics, terms and conditions from time to time at its discretion. Horizon will provide clear written notice of these changes on our website, but will not notify customers via direct communication unless specifically required to do so by federal or state authorities. To ensure Open Access to the broadband Internet, Horizon Telcom, Inc. will not unjustly or unreasonably:
- Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to access, use, send, post, receive, or offer lawful content (including fair use), applications, or services of the user’s choice.
- Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to connect and use the end user’s choice of legal devices that do not harm the network.
- Prevent or interfere with competition among network, application, service or content providers.
- Engage in discrimination against any lawful Internet content, application, service or service provider with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions.
- Give preference to affiliated content, applications, or services with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions.
- Charge a content, application, or service provider for access to the Company’s broadband Internet access service end users based on differing levels of quality of service or prioritized delivery of Internet protocol packets.
- Prioritize among or between content, applications, and services among or between different types of content, applications, and services unless the end user requests to have such prioritization.
Horizon Telcom, Inc. will:
- Provide connections and transport services of the public Internet to customers.
- Negotiate in good faith with all requesting parties making a bona fide request for interconnection or wholesale services.
- Provide rates and terms for interconnection that are reasonable and nondiscriminatory.
III. Network Security and Congestion Management Policies
For the safety and privacy of our access customers, and with respect for all customers,
Horizon Telcom, Inc.:
- Utilizes standard industry practices for safeguarding children, intellectual property rights and our customers’ privacy and security. Horizon does not guarantee that it can protect customers from any and/or all security breaches.
- Follows standard best efforts for Internet delivery with respect to allocation of capacity without differentiation among applications, providers, or sources.
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires the consent of a parent or guardian for the collection of personally identifiable information from children under 13.
- Complies with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitations Act, a portion of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which allows Internet service providers to remove or disconnect customer access to copyright infringing material.
- Uses generally accepted technical measures to provide acceptable service levels to all customers, such as application-neutral bandwidth allocation, as well as measures to address service attacks, illegal content and other harmful activities to protect network integrity and reliability.
- Reserves the right to prioritize traffic based on real time and non-real time applications during heavy congestion periods based on generally accepted technical measures.
IV. Performance Characteristics
Horizon offers different tiers and levels of service at different prices, and changes these from time to time. These service tiers and prices are detailed in the service-offering portion on www.horizonconnects.com
V. Privacy Policies
Horizon retains and stores certain traffic information (such as the identity of the customer using a particular IP address during a specific period) for time periods required by federal or state law.
Contact Us: Questions, Comments, Concerns
If you have any questions about the Horizon Telcom, Inc. Network Management Policies, you may contact us by calling our business office at 740-772-8331 or 1-866-436-7163 or writing to us at email@example.com or P.O. Box 480 Chillicothe, OH 45601; or come by our business offices at 68 E. Main St. Chillicothe, OH.