No. Internet modems must be leased from Horizon. Customers are welcome to use their own WiFi router with their internet service if they do not subscribe to Basic or Whole-home WiFi service features.
Horizon uses the all in one Comtrend – NL-3122: 4-Port A/VDSL Bonded Modem/Router
- Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button
- Click Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet
- Click Network and Sharing Center
- Under Connection, click View status
- Click Details
- Your computer’s IP address appears in the Value column, next to “IPV4 IP Address”
Macintosh Operating Systems
- Click on the Apple icon on the upper-left corner of the screen
- Scroll down and select System Preferences
- Click Network. This should be on the third row
- Find your IP address. If you’re connected to the Internet, the Network window will tell you so in the upper-right corner. Your IP address should be listed directly beneath your connection status, in smaller print.
No. Horizon does not impose data caps on internet service.
No. The first port (ETH 1) is the only active internet port on the modem. This port can be used to connect computers, routers, switches, etc. to the internet.
On the Comtrend modem, if the DSL light is solid and the Internet light is blinking, the modem is working fine. Power cycle your router (Netgear, D-Link, etc.) to see if the connection is restored. If it is not restored, take the Ethernet cable coming out of ETH 1 on the Comtrend modem and plug it directly into your computer. If there is still no internet connection, please call Technical Support at 740.772.8611.